The Food Bank Singapore is a registered charity founded by Nichol and Nicholas Ng in January 2012 and was given charity status in August 2012 (UEN: 201200654E).
The Food Bank Singapore strives to bridge the gap in the market by collecting surplus food in the market and providing it to organisations and people in need of food.
To be the prevailing centralised coordinating organisation for all food donations and play a key role in the reduction of food wastage within the whole supply chain.
- To bridge potential donors and members
- To provide access to and knowledge of cheaper sources of food for members
- To spread the word on the importance of food resource planning to ensure long-term providence of food for everyone
- To look at ways to reduce food wastage by giving food a new lease of life through creative and alternative ways
- Food companies
- Charities with excess donations
- Home consumers
Target Beneficiaries (Members)
- Family service centres
- Various types of homes
- Soup kitchens
- Other VWOs